College of Medicine Peer Advancement Societies (COMPAS)
The Office of Faculty Affairs is launching the next cohort of the College of Medicine Peer Advancement Societies (COMPAS).
The goal of these Societies is to provide an opportunity for faculty new to academic medicine to engage in peer-mentoring while also benefiting from guidance from content experts and more experienced colleagues. As a supplement to your departmental mentoring program, COMPAS encourages networking, the development of professional relationships and collaborations across departments.
There is a five-month commitment to this program. Sessions will be held in person the 3rd Wednesday of each month, 1-4 PM, starting on Jan. 17, 2023. Each session with consist of 2 hours of presentation/workshop followed by a one-hour small group discussion with your COMPAS group.
Topics for the workshops will include:
- Building Your Mentorship Network
- Turning Your Passions into Scholarship
- Strategic Planning Your Year
Dates for the sessions:
- January 17, 2024
- February 21, 2024
- March 20, 2024
- April 17, 2024
- May 15, 2024
We will be collecting data and requesting feedback from all participants as we work to evaluate and continuously improve the effectiveness of the program.
- Current faculty member at the College of Medicine - Tucson
- <5 years in academic medicine
If you are interested in participating in COMPAS, please submit the following:
- Goals for participation in the program as well as your commitment to attend all monthly sessions
- Letter of support from your department head or division chief
click here to submit your application
The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 1, 2023.