QUALITY OF LIFE
The College of Medicine – Tucson works hard to encourage work-life balance and high quality of life for our faculty. Here are some of our most popular programs—as well as resources and benefits offered to all University of Arizona employees.
The Arizona Health Sciences Center is located in the high desert community of Tucson, Arizona. Arizona's second-largest city, Tucson is home to one million residents. Its 500 square miles are covered with flowering desert, rolling hills, winding dry riverbeds, rugged canyons and pine-topped peaks.
Tucson's one million residents enjoy excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities within this culturally rich and diverse community. Tucson boasts a high quality of life and a very reasonable cost of living. Tucson gets about 350 days of sunshine per year—more sunshine than any other city in the United States.
We strongly value diversity in our faculty, staff and student body.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson is located in the southwestern region of the United States and sits on the original homelands of indigenous peoples who have stewarded this land since time immemorial. We recognize and acknowledge the people, culture and history that make up the Wildcat community. Recognizing this privilege, respect for all dimensions of diversity is essential to the successful attainment of our mission. We are committed to promoting health, improving wellness and diagnosing and treating disease for all the people of Arizona and beyond, through innovation in education, research, and patient care.
The UA College of Medicine – Tucson expresses its commitment to diversity by:
- Educating, training and employing diverse students, residents/fellows, faculty and staff,
- Fostering the development of personal attributes in each member of its academic community that are necessary to achieve its mission,
- Encouraging and supporting culturally relevant scholarly activities, that acknowledge and respect systems of healing that emerge from different traditions, and
- Providing a culturally humble, inclusive and respectful environment.
This commitment to diversity enables us to provide state of the art education, deliver the highest quality health care, critically address health care inequities, and perform leading edge research to benefit all our communities.
For more information visit the College of Medicine – Tucson Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
The University of Arizona contracts with Above & Beyond Relocation Services to help prospective faculty members plan for a move to Tucson. Above & Beyond can assist you from early in your candidacy, all the way through a possible relocation. There is no fee for this assistance.
- Housing and lifestyle needs assessment for you and your family
- Match you with an experienced real estate professional
- Provide information about area schools, spousal/partner career opportunities, recreation, cost of living and more